COVID-19 Facility Update
In efforts to protect our patients, caregivers, and community from the spread of COVID-19, beginning Tuesday March 17 we will institute the following safeguards, screening process and visitation policy at Delaware Surgery Center.
If you meet any of the following criteria we ask that you postpone your surgery for at least 14 days.
- You, the patient, are exhibiting any symptoms of illness. Especially if you are running a fever, coughing or experiencing shortness of breath.
- You have traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 day to any area designated as high-risk area, including China, Iran, South Korea, Europe (Schengen Area): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City, United Kingdom and Ireland: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland.
- You have been in contact with a person that has been suspected or known to have Coronavirus.
- Your responsible party (driver) has any of the above as the same guidelines applies.
- We have actively engaged in a questionnaire screening tool that encompasses the above criteria. Please be aware that you may be asked the same questions several times throughout your surgery process including, but not limited to:
- Surgeon’s office
- Preanesthesia department
- Preop phone call day prior to surgery
- Arrival to our facility
- Upon arrival to the center we will have you complete the screening tool and monitor your temperature prior to registration. If you have a fever of 100.3˚ your case will be postponed.
- At this time, visitors are not permitted in the facility. Your responsible party (18 years or older) must wait in his/her vehicle and remain on the premises with cell phone available. We will call them when your procedure is complete and you are ready for discharge. Pick up location is on the south end of the building under the overhang.
- If your responsible party is exhibiting signs of a cold and is your only means of transportation, we advise you to reschedule your procedure.
We appreciate your cooperation during this time.