Perioperative Registered Nurse-Circulator (Operating Room)
CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assists in assembling needed supplies.
- Open sterile supplies.
- Assists scrub in gowning.
- Performs and records counts.
- Interviews patient in admission.
- Admits patient to surgical suite.
- Assists with transport of patient to surgical suite if applicable.
- Assists with the positioning of the patient.
- Assists with anesthesia during induction.
- Performs skin prep if applicable.
- Assists with draping, connects suction and cautery, video etc… if applicable.
- Performs time out before surgical incision.
During the Procedure
- Anticipates needs for surgical team.
- Maintains record of supplies needed and maintain changes.
- Receives specimen and labels correctly.
- Maintains documentation of O.R. records.
- Continually monitors aseptic technique and patient needs.
- Counts with scrub at proper intervals.
- Finalizes records and charges.
- Begins the cleanup of O.R. suite and assists with dressing if applicable.
- Assists anesthesia in preparing patient for transfer to PACU.
- Take patient to PACU with anesthesia and reports significant information to PACU nurse.
- Documentation of specimen and records according to Insurance carrier and appropriate Lab.
- Participates in other committees, activities and duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Delaware.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification
- Minimum of Two (2) years of clinical experience in the Operating room experience, preferred with the ability to circulate and scrub
|Job Category||Delaware Surgery Center|
|Please upload resume||PDF format only|