DEFINITION OF POSITION:
The Admission/ PACU RN provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the Delaware Surgery Center. Provides safe, quality patient care in the Admission/PACU area. Assists in overseeing patient care activities in the Admissions/PACU and maintaining a high standard of safety for the patient and other staff members.
CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides direct patient care to pediatric through geriatric patient populations.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical patient and environment.
- Assists with the maintenance of Admissions/PACU equipment and inventory.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Accountable and responsible for the assessment, implementation and coordination of patient care from admission until the patient has successfully met discharge criteria as per center protocol.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously, and as needed, about patient conditions: receives direction for patient management.
- Works collaboratively with Director and Nurse Manager in the daily clinical operations of the center in accordance with established policies and procedures as guided by federal, state and accreditation agencies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Delaware.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Current ACLS
- Current PALS required for PACU. PALS optional for Admissions & OR
- Minimum of Two (2) years of clinical experience; One (1) year with an emphasis in PACU, ICU, ER (critical care) and surgical experience preferred.
|Job Category||Delaware Surgery Center|